Date: 11-15 September 2023
Location: STU in Bratislava, Slovakia
Registration deadline: 14th of July 2023 (no registration fee, limited seats)
Acceptance decision: email was sent to all applicants on 3rd of August.
(Please contact us if you have not received such email.)
- Michal Kvasnica
- Profesor at STU in Bratislava.
- Recognized expert in the field of predictive control.
- Gergely Takács
- Senior research engineer at Garret Motion.
- Recognized expert in the field of real-time embedded control.
- Martin Klaučo
- Deputy of Institute of Information Engineering, Automation, and Mathematics (UIAM) for research at STU in Bratislava.
- Recognized expert in the field of AI.
- Marco Vaccari
- Assistant Professor at University of Pisa (Pisa, Toscana, Italia).
- Recognized expert in the field of process modeling/simulation/optimization.
- Martin Ždímal
- Lecturer of English/Slovak languages with 18-year experience.
- Trainer of soft/hard skills.
Scope: The aim of this 5-day course is to give both theoretical background and hands-on knowledge with advanced methods and tools for embedded optimal control. The course will cover selected state-of-the-art approaches to the formulation and practical solution of optimal control problems, including real-time model predictive control design as well as its data-driven near-optimal alternative using machine learning, with a focus on their implementability on embedded computing hardware. All lecture topics will be accompanied by intensive computer exercises. The second part of the course will introduce the participants to a family of microcontroller-based pocket laboratories integrating various control experiments. Participants will then start to work on a self-chosen application problem by selecting a particular hardware platform and one of the control algorithms presented earlier. Towards the end of the course, they will present the obtained results. Needless to say, a lecture focused on presentation skills will also be part of the course.
Tentative schedule of the summer school
|Registration||Introduction to MPC Code||Introduction to Embedded Control Hardware
Introduction to AutomationShield
|Soft Skills Presentation||Project Presentation|
|Introduction to Optimal Control
Introduction to MPT3
|MPC Code Workshop|
|MPT3 Workshop||Introduction to Machine Learning||Project Assignment||Project Work|